Waiver, Release of Liability, Indemnification
NETWORK OF INDIAN PROFESSIONALS NORTH AMERICA, INC. 21st ANNUAL CONFERENCE
In exchange for my participation in the NETWORK OF INDIAN PROFESSIONALS NORTH AMERICA, INC. (hereafter “NETIP-NA”) 21st ANNUAL CONFERENCE (hereafter “Conference”), hosted by NetIP-NA, including representatives from its chartered chapters, and by the NETWORK OF INDIAN PROFESSIONALS FOUNDATION (collectively “NETIP”), I agree to be bound by each of the following:
- Voluntary Participation: I understand and confirm that my participation in this Conference is voluntary.
- Identification of Risks: I understand that NETIP representatives and officials may not at all times be present during my participation in the Conference. I understand that my participation in the Conference may involve risk of injury and loss, both to person and property. I also understand that this Waiver and Release of Liability is intended to address all of the risks of any kind associated with my participation in any aspect of the Conference or with the time I am involved in the Conference, including particularly such risks created by actions, inactions, or negligence on part of NETIP or its directors, officers, employees, agents, volunteers, successors, or assigns.
- Assumption of Risk: TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, I ASSUME ALL RISKS, known and unknown, foreseeable and unforeseeable, in any way connected with my participation in the Conference. I accept personal responsibility for any liability, injury, loss, or damage in any way arising out of and connected with my participation in the Conference. I AGREE TO RELEASE FROM ANY LEGAL LIABILITY AND AGREE NEVER TO SUE NETIP for any liability, injury, loss, or damage in any way arising out of and connected with my participation in the Conference, regardless of the cause, including the alleged NEGLIGENCE of NETIP.
- Release and Waiver: I agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless NETIP from and against all claims, actions, causes of action, or liabilities, including reasonable attorney’s fees, costs, or judgments arising out of or resulting from my participation in the Conference.
- Severability: If any term or provision of waiver or the application thereof to any person or circumstance shall to any extent or for any reason be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder portion(s) of this waiver and its application shall not be affected hereby, and each term and provision of this waiver shall be valid and enforced to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Promotional Release: I, Conference participant, hereby irrevocably consent and authorize NETIP to use the image of my appearance that NETIP takes during Conference in promotional material including but not limited to videos, films, photographs, and/or other related purposes without any fee whatsoever. I, participant, further acknowledge that NETIP is the owner of all rights to promotional material as it relates to my image and Conference.
- Binding Effect: this instrument shall be binding upon participant’s registration for Conference.
- Applicable Law: this waiver shall be governed, construed and enforced in accordance with the law of the District of Columbia.
- Cell Phone Usage: I, as a Conference Participant, allow for NETIP to obtain my phone number and send me information, including but not limited through, SMS text message as related to NETIP and Conference purposes.